The Chiron Rules engine runs a telemedicine specific eligibility check on all appointments. Eligibility determinations can be found in the “Billing Details” section of the platform. To verify eligibility, please follow the following steps:
- From the home screen, click on “Switch to Detailed View”
- Fill in the “FILTER BY” filter or use the “Sort by” drop down to view future appointments
- Finally, eligibility can be found in the “Payer Type” column of each appointment:
- Eligible plans are marked with a green checkmark- no further action is required.
- Ineligible plans appear in yellow text- the ineligible status appears when a patient is not eligible for telemedicine services. We recommend notifying the patient that his or her insurance is ineligible for telemedicine services.
- Indeterminable plans also appear in yellow text- the indeterminable status appears when Chiron is unable to connect with the insurance company. We recommend that you attempt to contact the payer, otherwise, the appointment defaults to a self- pay rate.